Sunday, May 28, 2006

Another gem...



This past weekend has truly been another unexpected gem during my stay here in Costa Rica. A friend of mine, Martha, gave me an invitation to go with her and some friends to some waterfalls nearby at a town called Grecia here in Costa Rica. I never pass up an invitation to see the country with people who are from here. What a great trip it ended up being. We were a group of ten and had a blast walking to various waterfalls and swimming in different rivers. This place was unlike any other I have seen. It is a little Costa Rican secret that has not yet been invaded by tourism. Two of my friends, Alicia and Gregory also came with me. Both from France, they claimed that this was their best moment thus far, not bad given the fact they have been here for almost a month. I really can’t stress it enough, the highlights of traveling are not in going to tourist spots, but in getting to know the people and having a positive exchange of cultures and ideas with them. Everyone is always so kind to me, and they always continue to remind me why I decided to move here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two look fabulous together!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home