Sunday, April 02, 2006

Hola Nicaragua




I had to leave the country once more for three days and decided this time to visit Nicaragua. I am truly exhausted these last few months and really did not want to go. I expected it to be quite poor (which it was) and not much fun since I had no energy or money to really enjoy myself. Well all this changed instantly when I got my first look at Granada, quite possibly the most beautiful city I have seen thus far. A fellow teacher at Intercultua joined me for what will probably go down as one of my best three day trips ever. So many stories to share in so little time spent in one place. I have included many pictures because every entry deserves as many pictures as I could possibly provide. Just a little history on Nicaragua before you move on to the fun stuff. Basically it has been torn apart by wars and corruption and has only been on the road towards stability in the last 15 years. This is quite different from Costa Rica’s history. Nicaraguans are trying hard to create a stable government, but the people have justifiably lost faith in their government. Overall they are wonderful people rich in culture. I strongly recommend a visit, but would suggest traveling with someone who speaks fluent Spanish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home